Mic Sol-O demonstrates how to prepare for and perform a back handspring.
• Warm up first! Get a mat and do some simple stretches to start.
• Sitting on the floor, spread your legs into a V. Reach for one foot and try to touch your nose to your knee for position 1. Position 2 is just stretching with both arms extended between you knees. The third and final position is the same as the first, except to the opposite leg. Hold each position for about 20 seconds.
• Next go to backbends to loosen up your lower back. This position is very important to the back handspring. Do 3 sets of 20 seconds.
• Do 20 pushups and situps to build strength. Also, do handstands on the wall for 3 sets of 20 seconds.
Performing the back handspring:
• Most importantly, get a spotter!
• Put your hands straight up in the air and stand straight up.
• Move your hands to straight out in front of your face and simultaneously bend your legs to a "sitting" position.
• Spring backward into the backbend position. Use your strength and momentum to flip your body backwards and land on your feet again.
If you follow these fundamentals and practice, you could be able to perform a back handspring.
• Return to upright position with your hands towards the sky.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades